Your first step is to come to our office and meet with us about what you hope to achieve. Dr. Morrissette is involved in creating a natural looking result, and never recommends surgery when it isn't warranted, or won't benefit the patient. We proudly serve all of Ventura County, including Oxnard, Camarillo, Ojai and Santa Barbara. Call today to schedule a free consultation with us.Schedule a Free Consultation
2 Weeks Before Surgery
Two weeks before surgery you will typically be scheduled for your pre-operative appointment two weeks prior to your surgery. This is an important time for planning and preparation. Follow all of the skincare and health habits you have already been practicing in addition to the following:
- Prepare and Plan: Prepare yourself for the day before, day of, and the first few days following surgery. Share this with all of your key support persons.
- Fill Your Prescriptions: At your pre-operative appointment, you will be given written prescriptions for all your medications. Please fill and pick these up early so that you will have them the day of surgery. They will typically include an antibiotic and pain reliever (other medications may be prescribed depending on the procedure and individual patient needs).
- Arnica Montana: The oral, homeopathic preparation (not the topical) can be helpful in decreasing bruising and swelling; it is not required that you purchase this medication. It can be purchased at our office or found at health food stores such as Sprouts or Whole Foods. Only begin taking it after surgery and only as directed.
- Colace: It is recommended that you purchased this stool softener in order to prevent constipation associated with prescription pain medication. Take as directed starting one day before your surgery.
- Vital Information: A pre-operative visit is essential to review your health, your goals and any vital information including allergies and health considerations
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Sun damaged skin can more readily produce irregular scars.
- No Smoking: Continue to stay smoke and nicotine free. In addition, stay away from second-hand smoke. Your health and healing depend heavily on this.
- STOP TAKING THE FOLLOWING FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR SURGERY. TAKING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CAN INCREASE YOUR RISK OF BLEEDING AND OTHER COMPLICATIONS. YOU WILL REVIEW YOUR MEDICATION SHEET WITH DR. MORRISSETTE AT YOUR PREOPERATIVE APPOINTMENT.
- Aspirin and medications containing aspirin
- For pain relief use Tylenol or Extra Strength Tylenol ONLY
- Ibuprofen and anti-inflammatory agents
- Vitamin E, Omega Fatty Acids, Flax Seed and Fish Oils
- St. John's Wort
- Fish Oil
- Garlic Supplements and large, whole cloves of garlic used in cooking
- Green tea supplements and extracts
- Chia seeds or Any Form of Herbal Supplement
- All other medications indicated by Dr. Morrissette